2

Here we go again!

Sorry I've been away...... I've been occupied by this little cutie.
Meet Rosco our adorable little Dane mix.
 I love getting my classroom ready for the new year! Some things stayed the same and others have changed. My school kept the same theme as last year which was "Wild About..." so I at least changed my color scheme around. Last year was many cool colors and now I'm onto warmer hues. 
Sorry for the blurryness... I need a new camera.
Here we have the Behavior Board. Each teacher has a pocket and every student has a card with their name on it. If they break a rule they move a card. Warning, 5 minute timeout, 10 minute timeout, and or detention and note home. Students also lose time at their good behavior art party if they go to timeout. It gets them twice so hopefully they will never have to pull their card for that consequence. 
This is the Art History board. I also have an envelop with crit cards for when we go into deep discussions. 
 The table buckets are ready to go. Each table gets 4 pencils, erasers, scissors, and glue. When I pencil breaks they bring it to the broken jar and pull out a sharp one. I also have students hold up the erasers at the end of class so I can see everything and see that nothing has gone missing.
 Found this huge palette a and decided to do something different. The Art Marks chart will go to the right of this.
 The reading area. I plan to have stories and demos with Kinders here and students may read books after they have finished a project on the carpet. 
 Free Draw shelf area... I really need more books... I also plan to add more activities when more funds come along.
 Landscape, Portrait, and Still life along with Toothless the room mascot.
More to come! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Expression of Imagination said...

Your puppy is so cute. And your room looks great!! I am about the same size as many of my students too. I teach art to k-8. Most of the older ones are taller ! Have a great year!

Mr. Jackson said...

Can you explain a little more about your "behavior board"? My school is implementing a new school wide behavior system this year, and I was thinking of something like what you've done here, but I'm having issues with executing mine. I don't see any cards for moving or where their cards are although I'm assuming they're in the pocket. Where do they move/put their card when they move it? :Love your ideas and all your posts! So much good stuff on here!

Back to Top