Artist Trading Cards with Art Enrichment

I am lucky to have a school that allows us to provide many types of enrichment programs for our students. Today was the first day of the after school Art Enrichment class. The class is opened for 20 6th - 8th graders in the Fall and 20 3rd - 5th graders in the Spring who truly enjoy art and want to further explore their art making skills.

For our first class we created Artist Trading Cards. I got out all the crafty "extras" like sequins, ribbon, beads, google eyes, confetti, etc... The cards were to reflect the artist.
"When I look at these cards I want to be looking at a piece of you."
Students were to create two cards. One card will be kept and the other will be traded. 
Supplies: poster board paper cut to 3 1/2"x 4 1/2" cards, glue, scissors, tape, crafty extras, colored pencils, crayons, and makers. 
I love letting the kids have the reins. Look at their great ideas:








1 comments:

Mrs. Hahn said...

ATC!! Yeah! If you want a school to trade with let me know! I'm always looking for more trades.

Nic Hahn

http://minimatisse.blogspot.com/search/label/ATC

Back to Top