2

Thank you Papa


I owe a lot of who I am today to my wonderful family. My Mother, Grandfather, and Grandmother were all teachers. I believe that "those who can.... teach". Teaching is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. I have not been a teacher very long but I can already feel the impact I am making on children's lives. A student gave me a jar filled with some of her art work and little things she had made just for me. She was moving away and didn't want me to forget about her. I had touched her life, and she will never know the impact that she has made on mine.  
This is a painting I created of my late "Papa" Dr. Lewis E. Moore Jr. He was a professor of History at Columbia State Community College. He taught his whole family the importance of a College education. I keep a picture of him on my desk to remind me that I can and do make a difference. Because of him, my cousins and I are all college graduates with one more of us to graduate in the next year. 


Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. - Chinese Proverb





2 comments:

tana... said...

Hi! Thanks for the thoughtful comments! I go in spurts with my blog...Once school begins I usually get going on it more. You have a great start here! It is so awesome to have a group of us art teachers to share ideas with. I love looking at the pictures of projects - they are so inspiring and give such great ideas and get my mind thinking. Keep it up! Mail me your e-mail address so we can chat that way also.

Becca Ruth said...

Thanks Tana! I'm going to start posting projects soon. It will take more time. I have been meaning to do this for about a year now. Email is beccaruth4@gmail.com. I welcome ideas!!

Back to Top