0

What kids say!!

Yes, these scenarios did in fact happen and they make up a part of what is so great about my job. Students' will be referred to as "Kid" and no grades will be mentioned. 


WHAT THIS KID SAID:
I notice that Kid is really into his painting as he swishes his brush round and round with brown paint. 
"Kid you look like you are having a great time painting! But I think your brush is about to eat through your paper." 
"I can't stop painting!" said Kid with real eagerness in his voice.
I'm puzzled, "Why not?"
Kid gives me a serious look "Cause I pooped my pants." 


WHAT THE SAME KID SAID:
I am noticing that Kid has a very distressed look on his face. He is no longer coloring and is looking around the room like he is about to escape! So I; remembering what happened last time, rush to his table and ask, "Kid what's wrong?"
"Um, um, I need to do something, but I don't want to tell you." said Kid
I'm panicking inside but say, "Well I think you should tell me Kid."
"Oh okay", Kid said with a deep breath, "I have to pick my nose, but I don't want to put it under the table."
You can imagine the look on my face... "You could go get a tissue."
He smiles and says, "Oh yes, that would be lovely!"


WHAT A DIFFERENT KID SAID:
"Ms. Art Teacher are dinosaurs still alive?" Kid asked.
"No, they lived a long, long, long time ago. Way before our grandparents and even great, great, great, great grandparents." I said wishing I could really say how many years for them to understand.
"Was that in the 90's?" 
Oh boy....

0 comments:

Back to Top